Recently we’ve been posting a lot about our Zion trip, but one of the reasons the posts have been rather infrequent is that we’ve actually been doing a lot of work for the wedding. Now that there are officially less than 3 months left, we have to wonder: (1) where did the time go? and (2) how can we get it all done??
Luckily our school semester has finally ended, so that should reduce some stress and free up some more evenings and weekend time. And we now have a list of all the must-do’s on a white board in our living room to make us feel guilty if we procrastinate too much.
But we really have made some progress. Over the past few months we checked a lot off the list:
– Reception food tasting (yum!)
– Rehearsal dinner location and menu is set
– Picked a hotel for out of town guests
– Designed and mailed save-the-dates
– Made a wedding website for guests
– Registered for a lot of items (which was actually more stressful than I thought it would be, and we still aren’t completely done!)
– Had engagement photos taken
– Flowers and decor research – still working with a florist
– Met with and selected a DJ
– Planned and booked the majority of our honeymoon in Alaska
– Nathan picked a tux and got fitted
– Designed our invitations and printed some proofs (more on that later)
– Selected a couple special songs for the reception
And for some of the above, we have family and friends to thank for their help and support.
But as you can imagine, there is still sooo much to do and so many decisions to be made. Everything seems to require research, discussion, more research, budget calculations, more discussion, and finally a decision.
But we’re learning about ourselves along the way and we know it will all be worth it in the end. Still, I’m very glad there is a final deadline for all of this because it truly could be a never-ending project!
Linda and I showing off our hard work – we did some centerpiece trials with Nathan’s parents